The Blue Badge Scheme
What is it?
The Blue Badge Scheme is a European arrangement of parking concessions for people who are disabled or who have severe walking difficulties or severe cognitive impairment.
Am I eligible?
You can visit the Ceredigion County Council website to check if you are eligible or click on the following link:
How to Apply?
You will need to complete an application form (weather applying for the first time or if you already have a blue badge).
You can do this online: www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge OR you can contact the Ceredigion County Council’s Corporate Customer Services: 01545 900 333.
* Please be aware that from 27/03/2017 all Blue Badge enquiries will be handled via Customer Services at Canolfan Rheidol, Aberystwyth rather than Social Services, Min-Aeron, Aberaeron.
If you live in rural Ceredigion and don’t drive or have regular access to a car or public transport, why not use Bwcabus, a rural local bus service which responds to your demand. The service is available Monday to Saturday 7am to 7pm. Bwcabus operates within a specific zone on the map; please visit our website to check if you are travelling within the operational zone.
Transport to doctors’ appointments, social gatherings or into town for shopping can be provided by Bwcabus and the surrounding bus network. What’s more holders of Wales Concessionary Bus Passes can travel on Bwcabus for free. Bus fares apply to other passengers.
All Bwcabus vehicles are easily accessible to people with reduced mobility and wheelchair users. Home pickups are available* terms and conditions apply.
Ring our friendly bilingual call centre with your details, put your feet up and leave us to plan your journeys!
Ceredigion Community Transport
The Ceredigion Community Transport website has been developed by CAVO through the ‘Gyrru Ymlaen’ project as a ‘one stop shop’ for information on Community Transport in Ceredigion. A number of community schemes and groups in Ceredigion provide transport for rurally isolated villages across the county.
Who can use Ceredigion Community Transport?
- People who cannot access the regulate bus routes because they are rurally isolated and no buses pass close to their homes
- People who cannot access regular buses because of mobility problems
- People who cannot access the regular bus service because of the cost of fares
- Community groups that want transport to activities that benefit the community
For more information on Community Transport in your area, go to:
Phone: 01570 423232
Postal Address: Bryndulais, 67 Bridge Street, Lampeter, Ceredigion, SA48 7AB